POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bicycle model? : Re: Model Bicycle? ( was Re: Bicycle model?) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:26:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Model Bicycle? ( was Re: Bicycle model?)
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 14 Jul 2001 09:59:07
Message: <3b50502b@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" <bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote in message

>     Giving up on most of the available models I am attempting to model a
> bicycle in MegaPov myself using isosurfaces for the frame. Unfortunately,
my
> idea about blobbing cylinders is not working too well, because when you
> create a simple cylinder at an angle, it is somewhat flattened in one
> direction.
>
>     Is there a good way to rotate a function in isosurfaces before you
blob
> it?

    Sorry, here is what I am using now... I suspect I will need to make my
cylinders differently so that their end circles are tilted correctly.

#declare R = 0.25;

#declare  C1 = function { x*x + z*z - R*R }
#declare  C2 = function { y*y + z*z - R*R }

isosurface {
  function {   C1(x+y,y,z)
             * C2(x,y,z)
             - 0.001