POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Read Me Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:29:27 EDT (-0400)
  Read Me (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Peter Warren
Subject: Read Me
Date: 19 Jun 2001 02:17:39
Message: <3b2eee83@news.povray.org>
Hello anyone or everyone,

I've been going into a local used book/software
store for ten years and always dutifully check
the graphics section for POV books, never, quite
frankly, expecting to find anything.

Today I check and saw those magical letters: POV.
Oh...my...god, I thought, the Holy Grail.
Well, not quite. What I found was:

The Waite Group [?]
RAYTRACING FOR THE MACINTOSH CD
(published 1994)

Ok, besides the fact that I don't own a Mac
(only wish to) and that it doesn't have the
CD (Damn!), only the floppy with a version of
Pov 2.0, I still think it's pretty cool.
(A bunch of color plates with, among others,
a lot of Mike Miller's stuff that I've never
seen before.)

My question is this: Is this a 'find?'

I've read questions about pov books before,
but mostly from people looking for...well,
actual help. This seems to have mostly historical
value (besides some nice graphics.)

So, even though you might say, "Oh, he's so
20th century, what with his 'books' and his
'wheel' and his 'fire'," I like the whole
book thang. Something to curl up with before
sleep.

Oh, an added plus-it has a page from a 1993 article
about POV from POPULAR MECHANICS.Man, did I dig
that mag when I was a kid!)

Am I still talking?

Peter Warren
A Proud PovRay user since 1996
war### [at] hotmailcom

(Sorry about that heading: Read Me. I just couldn't
 resist.)

Post a reply to this message