POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Gravity Well simulation? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  Gravity Well simulation? (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: KalleK
Subject: Re: Gravity Well simulation?
Date: 28 May 2001 12:47:23
Message: <3b12811b$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Bill!

I never used Isosurface before, nor Megapov but what about:

#local Sun = function(SunMass/(max((x-SunPosx)*(x-SunPosx)+

(z-SunPosz)*(z-SunPosz),1/hole_deep)))
isosurface {
 funcition {y+Sun[+Earth]}

just insert a Povrayunit equalent Sunmass and SunPos, do the same for
earth and so on.
hole_deep keeps the isosurface from getting infinit at the exact
points of the
pointmasses. Define somewhat 100.

its from the formular
F = G*m1*m2/R^2
That is the force between to pointmasses. G is the gravityconstant

cukk

Post a reply to this message

> I never used Isosurface before, nor Megapov but what about:
>
> #local Sun = function(SunMass/(max((x-SunPosx)*(x-SunPosx)+
>
> (z-SunPosz)*(z-SunPosz),1/hole_deep)))
> isosurface {
>  funcition {y+Sun[+Earth]}

    This seems to be working... and you say you never worked with
isosurfaces before?

Post a reply to this message