POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : hoping Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  hoping (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Fat Mike
Subject: hoping
Date: 10 May 2001 16:42:20
Message: <3afafd2c$1@news.povray.org>
yeah, I was actually hoping for a more automated process... wishfull
thinking I guess? Like optimally, if there were 4 machines each would render
every fourth line and the image would get written on one of the machines..
so kind of like multithreading. I was wanting it also for single images not
animations even.

Post a reply to this message

"Fat Mike" <no### [at] addressnet> wrote in message
> yeah, I was actually hoping for a more automated process... wishfull
> thinking I guess? Like optimally, if there were 4 machines each would
render
> every fourth line and the image would get written on one of the machines..
> so kind of like multithreading. I was wanting it also for single images
not
> animations even.

AFAIK there are a lot of practical problems with this approach -
anti-aliasing and radiosity in particular. A better option would be to
render larger areas with overlap between perhaps?

Post a reply to this message