POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Q: Your scripting style Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:25:27 EDT (-0400)
  Q: Your scripting style (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Bob H
Subject: Re: Q: Your scripting style
Date: 15 Feb 2001 19:15:33
Message: <3a8c7125@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
> In article <3A8B4F3C.84255D7F@faricy.net>, David Fontaine
> <dav### [at] faricynet> wrote:
>
> > (I try to avoid the /*...*/ style comments when possible so that if I
> > later want to exclude a large chunk of code I can use them to comment
> > it out and nothing will interfere.)
>
> You do know that POV-style /*...*/ comments can be nested, right? The
> C-style /*...*/ comments often interfere with my work, because they
> don't nest, but I've never had a problem with the POV-style ones.

But you use a Mac (drat it all) and for some reason this commenting method
can't be nested under Windows.  Well, mine here anyhow.

Bob H.

Post a reply to this message

From: David Fontaine
Date: 15 Feb 2001 21:22:00
Message: <3A8C8E61.3F8F16DB@faricy.net>
"Bob H." wrote:

> > You do know that POV-style /*...*/ comments can be nested, right? The
> > C-style /*...*/ comments often interfere with my work, because they
> > don't nest, but I've never had a problem with the POV-style ones.
>
> But you use a Mac (drat it all) and for some reason this commenting method
> can't be nested under Windows.  Well, mine here anyhow.

ditto

From: Mark Wagner
Date: 16 Feb 2001 00:07:58
Message: <3a8cb5ae$1@news.povray.org>
Bob H. wrote in message <3a8c7125@news.povray.org>...
>But you use a Mac (drat it all) and for some reason this commenting method
>can't be nested under Windows.  Well, mine here anyhow.

Yes you can.  The syntax highlighting won't show it, but the comments do
nest.

--
Mark

Post a reply to this message