POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OT: Advanced search and replace? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  OT: Advanced search and replace? (Message 4 to 13 of 13)
From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Re: OT: Advanced search and replace?
Date: 4 Jan 2001 05:40:03
Message: <3A5453A1.A7ECF5AE@inapg.inra.fr>
Rune wrote:

> Some text editors support multiple-file search and replace. This function
> could almost, but not quite, do what I need. One of the problems is that the
> chunks of code I need to search and replace are dozens of lines long, which
> is usually not supported by text-editors.

Perhaps Arachnophilia supports this (no personal experience).
http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/index.html

G.
--

**********************
http://www.oyonale.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Tom Melly
Subject: Re: Advanced search and replace?
Date: 4 Jan 2001 06:19:04
Message: <3a545c28@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] inamecom> wrote in message

<SNIP>

Dunno about vb-script - why not give PERL a try? Okay, a bit of a learning
curve (although I'm sure you would find help very forthcoming), but at the
end you've learnt a nice, multi-purpose, portable lang.

Post a reply to this message

> Dunno about vb-script - why not give PERL a try? Okay, a bit
> of a learning curve (although I'm sure you would find help
> very forthcoming), but at the end you've learnt a nice,
> multi-purpose, portable lang.

I think I once decided with myself that if I were ever to learn a real
programming language I'd start with Pascal or Delphi or what it's called...

Why do you think PERL would be the best choice?

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated December 17)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org

Post a reply to this message