POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity and normals Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity and normals (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: sacrofts
Subject: Radiosity and normals
Date: 27 Nov 2000 15:38:24
Message: <3a22c640@news.povray.org>
I'm sure this question's been asked before but I can't find where.
How can I stop radiosity from totally obliterating an object's normal?
Is there any way to do this without altering radiosity settings, because
it's taken me ages to get these right for my scene?

Many thanks
Steve

Post a reply to this message

>How can I stop radiosity from totally obliterating an object's normal?

In standard POV, no. In MegaPOV, yes, use 'normal on' in the radiosity
block.

Ingo

> I'm sure this question's been asked before but I can't find where.
> How can I stop radiosity from totally obliterating an object's normal?
> Is there any way to do this without altering radiosity settings, because
> it's taken me ages to get these right for my scene?

What version of POV are you using? MegaPOV radiosity is quite a bit
different from the radiosity in the current official version, and has a
special feature that optionally includes normals in the radiosity
calculations(I think you simply put "normal on" in the radiosity block).

--
Christopher James Huff

<><

Post a reply to this message