POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity and normals : Re: Radiosity and normals Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity and normals
From: Chris Huff
Date: 27 Nov 2000 15:59:27
Message: <chrishuff-64E950.16000027112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a22c640@news.povray.org>, "sacrofts"
<sac### [at] tinyonlinecouk> wrote:

> I'm sure this question's been asked before but I can't find where.
> How can I stop radiosity from totally obliterating an object's normal?
> Is there any way to do this without altering radiosity settings, because
> it's taken me ages to get these right for my scene?

What version of POV are you using? MegaPOV radiosity is quite a bit
different from the radiosity in the current official version, and has a
special feature that optionally includes normals in the radiosity
calculations(I think you simply put "normal on" in the radiosity block).

--
Christopher James Huff

<><