POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray trivia Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:15:36 EDT (-0400)
  Povray trivia (Message 11 to 18 of 18)
From: David Fontaine
Subject: Re: Povray trivia
Date: 8 Nov 2000 23:51:53
Message: <3A0A2D1A.423D546E@faricy.net>
Warp wrote:

> :     Haven't tried it but something like
>
> : lathe {
> :               linear_spline
> :               5,
> :             <2, 0>, <3, 0>, <3, 5>, something bigger, <2, 0>
> :          }
>
>   Nope. This produces:
>
> error: numeric expression expected but undeclared identifier 'something' found
instead.

YKYBRTTL if you can quote the error message exactly without running the code. :-)

From: David Wilkinson
Date: 9 Nov 2000 18:54:10
Message: <u8em0tc1qbr232m66uov851imej24ggm90@4ax.com>
On 6 Nov 2000 14:23:21 -0500, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>  For the first time in my life I got this error from povray:
>
>error: numeric expression expected but . (period) found instead.
>
>  Trivia: Can you guess what causes this (ie. can you generate this error
>from povray)?

One I liked was;

too large function.  parser got bored
----------------------
dav### [at] hamiltonitecom
http://hamiltonite.com/

Post a reply to this message

From: Mark Wagner
Date: 10 Nov 2000 01:39:40
Message: <3a0b982c@news.povray.org>
David Wilkinson wrote in message ...
>On 6 Nov 2000 14:23:21 -0500, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>
>>  Trivia: Can you guess what causes this (ie. can you generate this error
>>from povray)?
>
>One I liked was;
>
>too large function.  parser got bored

This one's from the isosurface function parser, and occurs when an
isosurface function contains more than (I think) 200 tokens.

--
Mark

Post a reply to this message