POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV ignoring my code! Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:13:05 EDT (-0400)
  POV ignoring my code! (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: Re: POV ignoring my code!
Date: 1 Oct 2002 19:38:03
Message: <chrishuff-C21841.19351901102002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d9a1ba9$1@news.povray.org>, "Shay" <sah### [at] simcopartscom>
wrote:

> I understand the reasons you posted, but I find the extra steps when
> using both trig and rotate functions to be unattractive. I guess if
> my trig were a little better, I could eliminate the use of rotate and
> effectively rotate vertices with translate. Is there anything like a
> radrotate() function coded internally into Pov-Ray?

Using the rotate command is usually the "right" way. Messing around with
translate and trig functions just to rotate is making it way too
complicated (and it won't do the same thing anyway). Just keep in mind
what parts are in radians and use the conversion functions.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/