POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scripting guidance Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Scripting guidance (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Chris Friedl
Subject: Scripting guidance
Date: 19 Jun 2002 07:36:57
Message: <3d106cd9@news.povray.org>
Hi All

I was wondering about what is good form in regards to writing pov scripts
(do you call them scripts?). With lots of objects, especially of type mesh,
cameras, lights, textures etc, I can image that pov fies get really big. Any
clues somewhere on how a good pov file could be laid out to make development
and maintenance easier?

Also, I'm working on animations, and have discovered some of the animation
options (Final_Frame etc). It seems that I have to put these in my
povray.ini file to work. However whenever I want to switch from generating
all images of the animation sequence, to say, only one image, I have to edit
this file and change the value of Final_Frame to 1. Same is true if I want
to switch on or off writing of rendered image output files in a working
session. Is there any easier way to do this than editing povray.ini? Can
these controls be placed in the pov script I am working on. It wasn't clear
to me how to do this from the documentation.

Thanks for any guidance.

Be Well and Happy Always

Chris

Post a reply to this message