POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scripting guidance : Re: Scripting guidance Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scripting guidance
From: Harold Baize
Date: 19 Jun 2002 20:18:08
Message: <3d111f40$1@news.povray.org>
"Chris Friedl" <cfr### [at] bigpondnetau> wrote in message
> Also, I'm working on animations, and have discovered some of the animation
> options (Final_Frame etc). It seems that I have to put these in my
> povray.ini file to work. However whenever I want to switch from generating
> all images of the animation sequence, to say, only one image, I have to
edit
> this file and change the value of Final_Frame to 1. Same is true if I want
> to switch on or off writing of rendered image output files in a working
> session. Is there any easier way to do this than editing povray.ini? Can
> these controls be placed in the pov script I am working on. It wasn't
clear
> to me how to do this from the documentation.

Some of these could be accomplished by editing the POV QuickRes.ini file.
It isn't limited to resolution settings. I've customized mine to include
animation
settings for rendering stereo pairs. For example:

[800x600, AA 0.3]
Width=800
Height=600
Antialias=On
Antialias_Threshold=0.3

[Stereo 800x600]
Initial_Frame = 1
Final_Frame = 2
Initial_Clock = 0
Final_Clock = 1
Cyclic_Animation = off
Pause_when_Done = off
+w800 +h600
AntiAlias=On

I can chose to render just one image or a stereo pair by selecting
the corresponding "quickres" setting. The animation values result in
two images rendered, within the scene script file the clock value
moves the camera to give two view for stereo effect.

This is the camera definition that makes use of clock value:

//----- S t e r e o  C a m e r a -------\\
#declare dist=15;
#declare Camx=dist/60;
#if (clock)
  #declare Camx=-(dist/60);
#end
camera {location <Camx,-0.5, -15> look_at <Camx,0,0>
}

 You can do a lot with a customized quickres.ini file.

Harold