POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : NURBS as mesh2{} objects Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  NURBS as mesh2{} objects (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Subject: NURBS as mesh2{} objects
Date: 25 Mar 2002 16:26:24
Message: <3C9F94CE.8E62A884@hotmail.com>
I have just posted some POV macros
and a sample scene for this to
povray.text.scene-files.

http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/23250/

They are more macros to come and I
will probably improve the ones I have
now later.

See also this post for a sample NURBS
surface generated by these macros:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/23091/

Tor Olav

Post a reply to this message

From: Hugo
Subject: Re: NURBS as mesh2{} objects
Date: 25 Mar 2002 18:50:44
Message: <3c9fb7d4$1@news.povray.org>
This looks incredibly interesting. You've done a superb coding job. I'm
amazed! I will experiment with this for sure. At the moment I only know that
nurbs are a kind of spline. I browsed your links but the math is not going
to clarify my mind. I suppose we are some people here, who needs simple
toturials. :o)  I see you're a busy person so you don't have to write them.
I'll invite people to test this and share our results!

Best regards,
Hugo

Post a reply to this message