POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : NURBS as mesh2{} objects : Re: NURBS as mesh2{} objects Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:24:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NURBS as mesh2{} objects
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 29 Mar 2002 19:31:33
Message: <3ca50765@news.povray.org>

news:j1k5aukpud9bb59p5c4mokhcigkmf5hv84@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 23:54:40 +0100, "Tor Olav Kristensen"
> <tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > Note that in order to optimize the declarations of the
> > functions, my code makes some of the expressions
> > look very obfuscated.
>
> btw Tor, have you tried parametric sourface for those NURBS ?
> I wonder how slow it could be (probably very) and hom much memory it could
> use.

No, I have not tried them as parametric{} yet,
because I suspect them to be unbearable slow.

But I did try it with the functions that my Bezier
macros generates. And those functions were much
smaller than the NURBS functions, so I think that
I'll just stick to mesh2{} for NURBS hereafter.

But maybe I should some small tests to find out
how slow parametric{} shapes can be for such
practical purposes.

Tor Olav