POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is cel shading possible? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Is cel shading possible? (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Corey Woodworth
Subject: Is cel shading possible?
Date: 19 Mar 2002 05:57:52
Message: <3c9719b0$1@news.povray.org>
I guess i've been playing a lil too much jet set radio :) Is cel shading at
all possible with pov, or something similar?

Thanks,
Corey

Subject: Re: Is cel shading possible?
Date: 19 Mar 2002 06:01:54
Message: <9h6e9ugunevo6k053rsuluu3gdu1ugpb3j@4ax.com>
On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 06:02:46 -0500, "Corey Woodworth" <cdw### [at] mpinetnet>
wrote:
> I guess i've been playing a lil too much jet set radio :) Is cel shading at
> all possible with pov, or something similar?

What is "cel" ? Both my dictionaries failed.

ABX

Post a reply to this message

> I guess i've been playing a lil too much jet set radio :) Is cel shading at
> all possible with pov, or something similar?

You should have a look at the post processing feature of megapov:

http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm

and possibly the AOI patch from MLPov:

http://martial.rameaux.free.fr/mael/MLPov.html#AOI

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 18 Mar. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

> On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 06:02:46 -0500, "Corey Woodworth" <cdw### [at] mpinetnet>
> wrote:
> > I guess i've been playing a lil too much jet set radio :) Is cel shading
at
> > all possible with pov, or something similar?
>
> What is "cel" ? Both my dictionaries failed.

I dunno. :-) I think it means to shade in cels instead of smoothly. In other
words blocks of colors instead of nice gradiants. The technique gives images
an cartoonish 2D look.

> ABX

Post a reply to this message

> > I guess i've been playing a lil too much jet set radio :) Is cel shading
at
> > all possible with pov, or something similar?
> >

> You should have a look at the post processing feature of megapov:
>
> http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm
>
> and possibly the AOI patch from MLPov:
>
> http://martial.rameaux.free.fr/mael/MLPov.html#AOI

Wow megaPov looks really interesting! And I thought I had a lot to learn
about vanilla pov!

Corey

Date: 19 Mar 2002 09:54:07
Message: <3c97510f@news.povray.org>
There was a cartoon-shading thread in p.a-u
Possibly of interest fo you?

regards
SY

Post a reply to this message