POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I'd like to donate some money for the makers of Pov-Ray. Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:29:06 EDT (-0400)
  I'd like to donate some money for the makers of Pov-Ray. (Message 21 to 28 of 28)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: Re: I'd like to donate some money for the makers of Pov-Ray.
Date: 30 Sep 2001 03:58:06
Message: <3bb6d08e@news.povray.org>
> Alright, I will get the CDRoms, but why does the Pov-Team don't accept
> donations?

Because we wouldn't know how to split the funds up between us. Who gets what ?

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Cason
Date: 30 Sep 2001 03:58:08
Message: <3bb6d090@news.povray.org>
"Bob H." <omn### [at] msncom> wrote in message news:3bb62bdf@news.povray.org...
> Should be about time for the 4th CD-ROM, as I patiently await it.  Guessing
> that occurs after the end of this year.  Looked at IRTC site and didn't find
> info about release times.

I'm working on it now (finally).

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Cason
Date: 30 Sep 2001 03:58:09
Message: <3bb6d091@news.povray.org>
"Ron Parker" <ron### [at] povrayorg> wrote in message
news:slr### [at] fwicom...
> Not speaking officially, but I suspect it's because once money starts
> changing hands you start having to keep track of it and file for nonprofit
> status and all sorts of other ugly tax-related things that are further
> complicated by the fact that we're spread all over the planet.

That's another reason, too.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

From: Rune
Date: 30 Sep 2001 04:24:57
Message: <3bb6d6d9@news.povray.org>
"Chris Cason" wrote:
> > Alright, I will get the CDRoms, but why does the
> > Pov-Team don't accept donations?
>
> Because we wouldn't know how to split the funds up
> between us. Who gets what ?

All funds goes to running the servers?

I thought that's how it worked with the CD's at least.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated June 26)

From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 30 Sep 2001 04:40:01
Message: <3BB6DA65.BE2700D8@ignorancia.org>

> "Bob H." <omn### [at] msncom> wrote in message news:3bb62bdf@news.povray.org...
> > Should be about time for the 4th CD-ROM, as I patiently await it.  Guessing
> > that occurs after the end of this year.  Looked at IRTC site and didn't find
> > info about release times.
>
> I'm working on it now (finally).

  I think it was a good idea to wait... now the IRTC CD will have the
3.5 version bundled, isn't? Much better... :)

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org/