POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV model request? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  POV model request? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Timothy Cook
Subject: POV model request?
Date: 20 Sep 2001 22:27:40
Message: <3BAAA52C.B9DA4242@scifi-fantasy.com>
Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone have a .pov or
.mdl model of a Pocari Sweat vending machine?  Just think it'd be cute thing
to add as a prop to my 3d model I'm working on.
--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.scifi-fantasy.com

Post a reply to this message

"Timothy Cook" <tim### [at] scifi-fantasycom> wrote in message
> Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone have a .pov or
> .mdl model of a Pocari Sweat vending machine?  Just think it'd be cute thing
> to add as a prop to my 3d model I'm working on.

That's fascinating. You mean you can buy sweat out of a vending machine?
BTW, what's so special about a pocari that anyone would want it's sweat?
And, what IS a pocari?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

--
Batronyx ^"^
bat### [at] cadronhsacom

Post a reply to this message

> That's fascinating. You mean you can buy sweat out of a vending machine?
> BTW, what's so special about a pocari that anyone would want it's sweat?
> And, what IS a pocari?
> Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Not sure what a Pocari is, but I think a Pecari is a small pig-like creature;
I have no idea why they made a drink called Pocari Sweat, you see it from time

that it really exists!)

> Batronyx wrote:
> > That's fascinating. You mean you can buy sweat out of a vending machine?
> > BTW, what's so special about a pocari that anyone would want it's sweat?
> > And, what IS a pocari?
> > Sorry, couldn't resist. :)
>
> Not sure what a Pocari is, but I think a Pecari is a small pig-like
creature;
> I have no idea why they made a drink called Pocari Sweat, you see it from
time

out
> that it really exists!)

Maybe it's another example of a language twist.  Sweat in that context might
be meant as a cooling drink to stop sweat.  On the other hand sweating is
supposed to be good for you (okay, lets call it perspiring instead), thus a
drink that helps replinish lost fluids so a person can continue to perspire
nicely.

But hey, I have no idea where to find such a model.  Sorry....

Bob H.

Post a reply to this message

> Maybe it's another example of a language twist.  Sweat in that context might
> be meant as a cooling drink to stop sweat.  On the other hand sweating is
> supposed to be good for you (okay, lets call it perspiring instead), thus a
> drink that helps replinish lost fluids so a person can continue to perspire
> nicely.
>
> But hey, I have no idea where to find such a model.  Sorry....

Hmm...I looked it up myself, and the drink proclaims to be almost identical
nutrient-wise to sweat, to replenish ions and whatnot lost while sweating.
There's a picture of the front of a Pocari Sweat vending machine at
http://wms.luminet.net/hchriste/Vend_Machine_Pocari_Sweat.html
but...*shrug* I dunno.  Just thought it'd be cute.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.scifi-fantasy.com

Post a reply to this message

I read somewhere on the net that it's a drink that's like Gatorade - it has
the same chemicals as sweat. I also heard it tastes like sweat too... Yum!

--
PixelDust
(remove NOSPAM to reply)

"Batronyx" <bat### [at] cadronhsacom> wrote in message

> "Timothy Cook" <tim### [at] scifi-fantasycom> wrote in message
> > Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone have a
.pov or
> > .mdl model of a Pocari Sweat vending machine?  Just think it'd be cute
thing
> > to add as a prop to my 3d model I'm working on.
>
> That's fascinating. You mean you can buy sweat out of a vending machine?
> BTW, what's so special about a pocari that anyone would want it's sweat?
> And, what IS a pocari?
>
> Sorry, couldn't resist. :)
>

> --
> Batronyx ^"^