POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ugly black line - bug? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  ugly black line - bug? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Micha Riser
Subject: ugly black line - bug?
Date: 14 Mar 2001 16:09:28
Message: <3AAFDE4C.8010709@gmx.net>
Following scene produces a uncorrect rendering where the transparent sphere
interesects with the blob. Is this a know problem? I think it is quite annoying
though it can be reduced by scaling the whole scene by a factor.

I tried the scene with version 3.0 and 3.1g as well as with megapov, same result
everywhere. Where does this effect come from? Some epsilon value? Hmm... but why
should the ray not hit the blob when it is near the edge of the transparent sphere?

- Micha

//begin code
#declare SCALE=1 //try different values for different
                  //size of the black intersection

camera
{
location <2,1.8,-2>