POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : geometry Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:21:13 EDT (-0400)
  geometry (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Alex Pilot
Subject: geometry
Date: 10 Jan 2001 20:56:41
Message: <3A5D11FF.E83748A0@sympatico.ca>
I would need to know a good site about "elementary geometry",
(some plane trigonometry, too !?!).
I am doing a personal project, mainly done with the
help of CSG...  with POV,  and my geometric
knowledges are pretty poor.  ( things like the shorter distance
between a given point and a line;  the angle of a line when you
only know the starting and finishing points of that same line... etc..)
This curiosity came to me after I realised a nice logo
with the only help of CSG keywords,  into POV,  and then
I wanted to go farter with this thecnique.... I know that a good
Cad package give all these geometrical information,  and pretty
quickly,  but I would like to get more "autonomy"!
So,  is there,  on the Web,  some good and easy to understand
stuff about geometry ??! (or a kind of very "small" freeware, which
would calculate it for me??)

                 Alex,                Thank

Post a reply to this message

> So,  is there,  on the Web,  some good and easy to understand
> stuff about geometry ??! (or a kind of very "small" freeware, which
> would calculate it for me??)

This should help you get started -
http://www.povray.org/links/3D_Resources/Math_and_Geometry_Resources_and_Information/

http://www.swin.edu.au/astronomy/pbourke/