POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : thanks Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  thanks (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Paul Jones
Subject: thanks
Date: 1 Dec 2000 10:59:24
Message: <3A27C9D5.C5BCA95E@psu.edu>
In reading these groups, I often see people comlaining about the docs,
or being frustrated at a particular bug etc...etc.... But I have been
thinking, how many times have we as a group thanked those who made POV
and MegaPOV etc a possibility? So I wanted to thank all those people who
have contributed a little or a lot to the creation of a brilliant
program and a wonderufl experience. The support available and the
flexibility of the POV universe is unequaled, in my book that is.

Thank you. Keep up the good work, but take some time to smell the roses
as well :-)

Paul Jones

-active POVer for 1.5 years and counting
--

--------------------------------------------------}
Paul Daniel Jones

pdj### [at] psuedu
http://research.chem.psu.edu/glassgrp/paul

       C            The way is near, but men
     // \           seek it afar. It is in the
    N    N          easy things, but men seek it
    |    ||         in the difficult things.
    C    C          -Menicius
     \\  /
--------------------------------------------------}

Post a reply to this message

> In reading these groups, I often see people comlaining about the docs,
> or being frustrated at a particular bug etc...etc.... But I have been
> thinking, how many times have we as a group thanked those who made POV
> and MegaPOV etc a possibility? So I wanted to thank all those people who
> have contributed a little or a lot to the creation of a brilliant
> program and a wonderufl experience.

Agreed, I think POV has wonderful documentation! It's a great help.

> The support available and the
> flexibility of the POV universe is unequaled, in my book that is.

You wrote a book in which support is available and POV is flexible? ;)

> Thank you. Keep up the good work, but take some time to smell the roses
> as well :-)

Um, no thanks, flowers are stupid. ;)

My thank you consists of the stuff I make with POV-rendered images. I've made it
a habit to add POV-Ray to the credits.

Remco