POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 2^3*4^4: quick what is it? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  2^3*4^4: quick what is it? (Message 24 to 33 of 33)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: 2^3*4^4: quick what is it?
Date: 30 Nov 2000 19:36:40
Message: <3a26f298@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
: That is an absurd presumption. Why should I have to sit here and
: mentally calculate values when absolutes are instantly readable ?

  You don't need to calculate the result. You only need to understand where
does the expression come from.
  For example, if a cylinder is located at <1,2,3> and another cylinder is
located at <7,8,9>, putting a sphere exactly half-way in the middle of them
is easier to do and understand by writing (<1,2,3>+<7,8,9>)/2 than writing
the result. The result will probably not tell you anything (perhaps you
could guess that it's somewhere between the two cylinders, but you couldn't
be sure without making that calculation anyways).

  3/7 is a lot more clear than 0.4285714285

> : That is an absurd presumption. Why should I have to sit here and
> : mentally calculate values when absolutes are instantly readable ?
>
>   You don't need to calculate the result. You only need to understand where
> does the expression come from.

I won't concede my point of view nor will I argue it with you.

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message