POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Very quick/small survey, please fill! Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:07:09 EDT (-0400)
  Very quick/small survey, please fill! (Message 7 to 16 of 56)
<<< Previous 6 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Peter Cracknell
Subject: Re: Very quick/small survey, please fill!
Date: 15 Nov 2000 12:12:34
Message: <3a12c402@news.povray.org>
"Simon Lemieux" <lem### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> Hi,
> please take some time to answer these two questions:
>
> 1. Images size
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was
1280x1024)
Currently 2048*1536, ready for print
>    b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)
Usual size, between 800*600 and 1024*768 as final, though most semi-finished
are at 640*480, with tests at 320*240
> 2. Animations

Sorry don't animate.

Peter Cracknell (.com)

Post a reply to this message

From: sacrofts
Date: 15 Nov 2000 12:39:36
Message: <3a12ca58@news.povray.org>
> 1. Images size
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was
1280x1024)
1024x768

>    b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)
800x600 (test renders at 640x480

> 2. Animations
sorry, no animations at present

Steve

Post a reply to this message

From: KalleK
Date: 15 Nov 2000 13:37:59
Message: <3a12d807@news.povray.org>
Hi!
> 1. Images size
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was
1280x1024)
2880*3960
>    b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)
512*384 for tests, normally 800*600 or 1024*768
> 2. Animations
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 800x600)
640*480
>    b) What is your usual image size for animations? (mine is 512x384)
320*200 (the old stdvga)
>    c) What is the biggest number of frames you've ever done in an anim?
(mine
> was 3000)
~1000
>    d) What is your usual number of frames for your animations? (mine is
1500)
256

cukk

Post a reply to this message

From: Sven-Erik Andersen
Date: 15 Nov 2000 14:00:34
Message: <i8n51tcpbc2r4lg0ih6gs7segsil26snr3@4ax.com>
>1. Images size
>   a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was
1280x1024)
1600x1200
>   b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)
800x600
>2. Animations
>   a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was
800x600)
800x600
>   b) What is your usual image size for animations? (mine is 512x384)
512x384
>   c) What is the biggest number of frames you've ever done in an anim?
(mine was 3000)
5000
>   d) What is your usual number of frames for your animations? (mine is
1500)
1000

Sven-Erik Andersen
----
E-mail : sve### [at] andersenas
        (sea### [at] mailcitycom)
WWW    : http://seasoft.tecbox.com/
        (http://seasoft.surecity.com/)

Post a reply to this message

From: Gilles Tran
Date: 15 Nov 2000 14:19:47
Message: <3A12E1BA.4435A8E6@inapg.inra.fr>
Simon Lemieux wrote:

> 1. Images size
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 1280x1024)

3200 x 2400

>    b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)

3200 x 2400

G.

Post a reply to this message

From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 15 Nov 2000 14:40:50
Message: <3a12e6c2@news.povray.org>
> 1. Images size
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was
1280x1024)
3142*1000

>    b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)
800*600

> 2. Animations
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 800x600)
640*480

>    b) What is your usual image size for animations? (mine is 512x384)
400*300

>    c) What is the biggest number of frames you've ever done in an anim?
(mine
> was 3000)
600  (I only do animations for test-purposes :-)

--
ZK
http://www.povplace.be.tf

Post a reply to this message

From: Andy Cocker
Date: 15 Nov 2000 16:29:28
Message: <3a130038@news.povray.org>
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was
1280x1024)
1024*768
>    b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)
480*360
> 2. Animations
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 800x600)
640*480
>    b) What is your usual image size for animations? (mine is 512x384)
320*240
>    c) What is the biggest number of frames you've ever done in an anim?
(mine
> was 3000)
400
>    d) What is your usual number of frames for your animations? (mine is
1500)
100

Andy Cocker

www.mariner9.net

..... for my music and graphics.
'I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now. '
'I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time."
So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance. '

 - Steven Wright.

Post a reply to this message

From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 15 Nov 2000 17:31:33
Message: <3A130EE6.80DE0091@skynet.be>
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done?

3200*2400 (IRTC winning image re-done)

>    b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)

800*600 (IRTC influence !)

>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 800x600)

320*240

>    b) What is your usual image size for animations? (mine is 512x384)

320*240

>    c) What is the biggest number of frames you've ever done in an anim? (mine
> was 3000)

around 240, I think.

>    d) What is your usual number of frames for your animations? (mine is 1500)

36
but I rarely do animations, anyway !!

Fabien.

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Huff
Date: 15 Nov 2000 17:48:50
Message: <chrishuff-48332A.17490515112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3A129C7F.96325BF6@yahoo.com>, lem### [at] yahoocom wrote:

> 1. Images size
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was
>    1280x1024)

A 4000 by 4000 image for a height_field. I don't think I ever actually
used it though...

>    b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)

I like 480*360, for desktop images I use 1024*768(the resolution of both
my monitors), I will render at a higher(about double) resolution for
printing, but haven't had a need to print anything yet.

> 2. Animations

Well, I haven't done many animations, and the ones I did were just
experiments...

>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 800x600)

640*480, but just a fast-rendering scene with only a couple frames.

>    b) What is your usual image size for animations? (mine is 512x384)

320*240.

>    c) What is the biggest number of frames you've ever done in an anim?
>    (mine was 3000)

Probably 300-500.

>    d) What is your usual number of frames for your animations? (mine is
>    1500)

50-100.

> This survey will help me for some standards I will use for a utility
> for povray I'm working on right now...  I'll publish my work whenever
> I get something good!  Right now it's still at the thinking stage,
> but should be fairly easy to make a beta!

What kind of utility? Will there be a Mac version? :-)

--
Christopher James Huff

<><

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob H
Date: 15 Nov 2000 17:50:00
Message: <3a131318@news.povray.org>
> 1. Images size
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 1280x1024)

3000x6000 (WxH)

>    b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)

800x600

> 2. Animations
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 800x600)

512x384

>    b) What is your usual image size for animations? (mine is 512x384)

240x180

>    c) What is the biggest number of frames you've ever done in an anim? (mine
> was 3000)

480

>    d) What is your usual number of frames for your animations? (mine is 1500)

120

Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 6 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>