POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Very quick/small survey, please fill! : Re: Very quick/small survey, please fill! Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:11:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very quick/small survey, please fill!
From: Chris Huff
Date: 15 Nov 2000 17:48:50
Message: <chrishuff-48332A.17490515112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3A129C7F.96325BF6@yahoo.com>, lem### [at] yahoocom wrote:

> 1. Images size
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was
>    1280x1024)

A 4000 by 4000 image for a height_field. I don't think I ever actually
used it though...

>    b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)

I like 480*360, for desktop images I use 1024*768(the resolution of both
my monitors), I will render at a higher(about double) resolution for
printing, but haven't had a need to print anything yet.

> 2. Animations

Well, I haven't done many animations, and the ones I did were just
experiments...

>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 800x600)

640*480, but just a fast-rendering scene with only a couple frames.

>    b) What is your usual image size for animations? (mine is 512x384)

320*240.

>    c) What is the biggest number of frames you've ever done in an anim?
>    (mine was 3000)

Probably 300-500.

>    d) What is your usual number of frames for your animations? (mine is
>    1500)

50-100.

> This survey will help me for some standards I will use for a utility
> for povray I'm working on right now...  I'll publish my work whenever
> I get something good!  Right now it's still at the thinking stage,
> but should be fairly easy to make a beta!

What kind of utility? Will there be a Mac version? :-)

--
Christopher James Huff

<><