POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Very quick/small survey, please fill! Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:27:47 EDT (-0400)
  Very quick/small survey, please fill! (Message 11 to 20 of 56)
From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Re: Very quick/small survey, please fill!
Date: 15 Nov 2000 14:19:47
Message: <3A12E1BA.4435A8E6@inapg.inra.fr>
Simon Lemieux wrote:

> 1. Images size
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 1280x1024)

3200 x 2400

>    b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)

3200 x 2400

G.

Post a reply to this message

From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 15 Nov 2000 14:40:50
Message: <3a12e6c2@news.povray.org>
> 1. Images size
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was
1280x1024)
3142*1000

>    b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)
800*600

> 2. Animations
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 800x600)
640*480

>    b) What is your usual image size for animations? (mine is 512x384)
400*300

>    c) What is the biggest number of frames you've ever done in an anim?
(mine
> was 3000)
600  (I only do animations for test-purposes :-)

>    d) What is your usual number of frames for your animations? (mine is
1500)
100

--
ZK
http://www.povplace.be.tf

Post a reply to this message

From: Andy Cocker
Date: 15 Nov 2000 16:29:28
Message: <3a130038@news.povray.org>
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was
1280x1024)
1024*768
>    b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)
480*360
> 2. Animations
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 800x600)
640*480
>    b) What is your usual image size for animations? (mine is 512x384)
320*240
>    c) What is the biggest number of frames you've ever done in an anim?
(mine
> was 3000)
400
>    d) What is your usual number of frames for your animations? (mine is
1500)
100

Andy Cocker

www.mariner9.net

..... for my music and graphics.
'I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now. '
'I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time."
So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance. '

 - Steven Wright.

Post a reply to this message

From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 15 Nov 2000 17:31:33
Message: <3A130EE6.80DE0091@skynet.be>
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done?

3200*2400 (IRTC winning image re-done)

>    b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)

800*600 (IRTC influence !)

>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 800x600)

320*240

>    b) What is your usual image size for animations? (mine is 512x384)

320*240

>    c) What is the biggest number of frames you've ever done in an anim? (mine
> was 3000)

around 240, I think.

>    d) What is your usual number of frames for your animations? (mine is 1500)

36
but I rarely do animations, anyway !!

Fabien.

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Huff
Date: 15 Nov 2000 17:48:50
Message: <chrishuff-48332A.17490515112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3A129C7F.96325BF6@yahoo.com>, lem### [at] yahoocom wrote:

> 1. Images size
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was
>    1280x1024)

A 4000 by 4000 image for a height_field. I don't think I ever actually
used it though...

>    b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)

I like 480*360, for desktop images I use 1024*768(the resolution of both
my monitors), I will render at a higher(about double) resolution for
printing, but haven't had a need to print anything yet.

> 2. Animations

Well, I haven't done many animations, and the ones I did were just
experiments...

>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 800x600)

640*480, but just a fast-rendering scene with only a couple frames.

>    b) What is your usual image size for animations? (mine is 512x384)

320*240.

>    c) What is the biggest number of frames you've ever done in an anim?
>    (mine was 3000)

Probably 300-500.

>    d) What is your usual number of frames for your animations? (mine is
>    1500)

50-100.

> This survey will help me for some standards I will use for a utility
> for povray I'm working on right now...  I'll publish my work whenever
> I get something good!  Right now it's still at the thinking stage,
> but should be fairly easy to make a beta!

What kind of utility? Will there be a Mac version? :-)

--
Christopher James Huff

<><

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob H
Date: 15 Nov 2000 17:50:00
Message: <3a131318@news.povray.org>
> 1. Images size
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 1280x1024)

3000x6000 (WxH)

>    b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)

800x600

> 2. Animations
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 800x600)

512x384

>    b) What is your usual image size for animations? (mine is 512x384)

240x180

>    c) What is the biggest number of frames you've ever done in an anim? (mine
> was 3000)

480

>    d) What is your usual number of frames for your animations? (mine is 1500)

120

Post a reply to this message

From: Harold Baize
Date: 15 Nov 2000 19:50:02
Message: <3a132f3a$1@news.povray.org>
"> 1. Images size
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was
1280x1024)
                3000x2000
>    b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)
                3000x2000
> 2. Animations
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 800x600)
                  640x480
>    b) What is your usual image size for animations? (mine is 512x384)
                  640x480
>    c) What is the biggest number of frames you've ever done in an anim?
                  260
>    d) What is your usual number of frames for your animations? (mine is
1500)
                  60  (I don't do very many animations in POV)

> This survey will help me for some standards I will use for a utility for
povray
> I'm working on right now...  I'll publish my work whenever I get something
> good!  Right now it's still at the thinking stage, but should be fairly
easy to
> make a beta!
>
> Thanks,
> Simon
> --
> +-------------------------+----------------------------------+
> | Simon Lemieux           | Website : http://www.666Mhz.net  |
> | Email : Sin### [at] 666Mhznet | POV-Ray, OpenGL, C++ and more... |
> +-------------------------+----------------------------------+

Post a reply to this message

From: Margus Ramst
Date: 15 Nov 2000 20:25:18
Message: <3A1337B2.F95C2F9C@peak.edu.ee>
Simon Lemieux wrote:

> 1. Images size
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 1280x1024)

8000 x 6000

>    b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)

800 x 600 or 1152 x 864 (my Windows desktop resolution)

> 2. Animations
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 800x600)

Dunno. 640 x 480 probably.

>    b) What is your usual image size for animations? (mine is 512x384)

Don't do much animation, but 360 x 240 is probably most common.

>    c) What is the biggest number of frames you've ever done in an anim? (mine
> was 3000)

Around 12 minutes at 15 FPS - you work it out.

>    d) What is your usual number of frames for your animations? (mine is 1500)

I really don't do them often enough to give a meaningful average.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee

From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 15 Nov 2000 22:08:53
Message: <3A134EF9.574C71DD@online.no>
Simon Lemieux wrote:

> Hi,
>         please take some time to answer these two questions:
>
> 1. Images size
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 1280x1024)

2048x1536

>    b) What is your usual image size for stills? (mine is 1280x1024)

800x600

> 2. Animations
>    a) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (mine was 800x600)

512x384

>    b) What is your usual image size for animations? (mine is 512x384)

Only done it once

>    c) What is the biggest number of frames you've ever done in an anim? (mine
> was 3000)

60

>    d) What is your usual number of frames for your animations? (mine is 1500)

Only done it once

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html

Post a reply to this message

From: Steve
Date: 15 Nov 2000 23:18:07
Message: <slrn916nme.edk.steve@zero-pps.localdomain>
On Wed, 15 Nov 2000 09:23:59 -0500, Simon Lemieux wrote:
>Hi,
>	please take some time to answer these two questions:

You need a recount, there's six questions there.  Let me guess you're
American aren't you?

A. Images size
   1) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (800x600)
   2) What is your usual image size for stills? (final:800x600 tests:320x240)
B. Animations
   1) What is the largest image size you've ever done? (640x480)
   2) What is your usual image size for animations? (640x480)
   3) What is the biggest number of frames you've ever done in an anim? (200+)
   4) What is your usual number of frames for your animations? (depends)

>This survey will help me for some standards I will use for a utility for povray
>I'm working on right now...  I'll publish my work whenever I get something
>good!  Right now it's still at the thinking stage, but should be fairly easy to
>make a beta!

Good luck with your project.

--
Cheers
Steve              email mailto:ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet

web http://www.zeropps.uklinux.net/

or  http://start.at/zero-pps

  3:23am  up 36 days,  5:46,  2 users,  load average: 2.50, 2.40, 2.26