POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov users statistics Server Time
8 Aug 2024 16:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Pov users statistics (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Pov users statistics
Date: 3 Nov 2000 11:10:11
Message: <3A02E20A.B6005CA1@my-dejanews.com>
After roughly 1000 hits to the 10best web page, here are the statistics.
This isn't a survey of everyone that uses pov but everyone who visited
one web page, albeit a very large sample. I hope this note isn't
completley off topic, as it has implications on everything from IRTC
requirements to making web sites which are povvie-friendly.

BROWSERS:

MSIE 5.x      433  (49%)
Netscape 4.x  349  (39%)
MSIE 4.x       46  (5%)
Netscape comp. 27  (3%)
Unknown         9  (1%)
Netscape 3.x    4  (0%)
Opera x.x       4  (0%)
MSIE 3.x        4  (0%)
Netscape 5.x    3  (0%)
MSIE 2.x        1  (0%)

RESOLUTION:

Unknown       17  (2%)
640x480       10  (1%)
800x600      174  (21%)
1024x768     416  (50%)
1152x864      83  (10%)
1280x1024     97  (11%)
1600x1200     20  (2%)

OPERATING SYSTEM:

Win 98     358  (40%)
Win NT     157  (17%)
Win 95     126  (14%)
Win 2000    83  (9%)
Linux       60  (6%)
Mac         37  (4%)
Unknown     36  (4%)
Unix        21  (2%)
Win 3.x      1  (0%)
WebTV        1  (0%)

Interesting points:
a) 88% useWindows, which surprised me, I expected it would be half at
most for such a tecchie community like this. (One of my issue-oriented
web pages had 94% of visitors from Windows users.)

b) Only 21% use 800x 600, with most much higher-- again a surprise, I
would have guessed this to be like 80% or more. (My issue-oriented page
had 65% at 800x 600 or lower).

Post a reply to this message