POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov users statistics : Re: Pov users statistics Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov users statistics
From: Bob H
Date: 5 Nov 2000 07:37:46
Message: <3a05549a@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <gre### [at] my-dejanewscom> wrote in message

> Interesting points:
> a) 88% useWindows, which surprised me, I expected it would be half at
> most for such a tecchie community like this. (One of my issue-oriented
> web pages had 94% of visitors from Windows users.)

Guess there are a lot of us with home computers for generality purposes instead
of for servers, dual-booting and such.

> b) Only 21% use 800x 600, with most much higher-- again a surprise, I
> would have guessed this to be like 80% or more. (My issue-oriented page
> had 65% at 800x 600 or lower).

Was just a little over a year ago I was using a 17" monitor with the 800x600
res. typically.  But the major change came when I could render larger images
more readily than before on a slower computer.  Wasn't much of a need to see
them at higher resolution.  So my guess is the faster the CPU the more pixels
get used rather than simply a large monitor reason.  One of many possible
explanations.

Bob