POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : megapov motion blur question/problem Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:16:39 EDT (-0400)
  megapov motion blur question/problem (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Andy Cocker
Subject: megapov motion blur question/problem
Date: 21 Oct 2000 12:59:25
Message: <39f1cb6d@news.povray.org>
I'm not sure if this should be posted over in p.u.p, so apologies if I'm
wrong posting here.

I have been experimenting with motion blur in MegaPOV ( see anim in p.b.a ),
and so far so good.
But... what if I want to move just the camera? My experiments seemed to show
that the camera movements were not taken into account within the motion
blur. I tried placing the camera statement within a motion_blur {}
statement, but received an error.

Am I doing something wrong? I would like to animated motion_blurred camera
fly-throughs.

All the best,

Andy Cocker

www.mariner9.net

..... for my music and graphics.
'I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now. '
'I went to a restaurant that serves "breakfast at any time."
So I ordered french toast during the Renaissance. '

 - Steven Wright.

Post a reply to this message

> I'm not sure if this should be posted over in p.u.p, so apologies if I'm
> wrong posting here.
>
> I have been experimenting with motion blur in MegaPOV ( see anim in p.b.a ),
> and so far so good.
> But... what if I want to move just the camera? My experiments seemed to show
> that the camera movements were not taken into account within the motion
> blur. I tried placing the camera statement within a motion_blur {}
> statement, but received an error.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? I would like to animated motion_blurred camera
> fly-throughs.

when you only want camera *movements*, you could simulate them by moving all
objects in the scene (at least as i understand motion blur).  I you want to
change the camera angle, this does no more work of course.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>

"Christoph Hormann" <Chr### [at] schunteretctu-bsde> wrote in
message news:39F1DD3A.133D3770@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de...

> when you only want camera *movements*, you could simulate them by moving
all
> objects in the scene (at least as i understand motion blur).  I you want
> change the camera angle, this does no more work of course.

Yeah, that's basically what I had to do in my animation. It's a very
restrictive way of working... I wonder if there's any possibility that this
could be changed?