POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Skip the Logo Contest Voting? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 09:29:47 EDT (-0400)
  Skip the Logo Contest Voting? (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: Rune
Subject: Skip the Logo Contest Voting?
Date: 12 Oct 2000 07:59:40
Message: <39e5a7ac@news.povray.org>
It has now been possible for several months to submit logos for the POV-Ray
Logo Contest.
The deadline is October 31.

So far 2 logos have been submitted, and there's no signs of any logos being
submitted later.

Even if the number rises to 3 or 4 logos I still think it's pointless to
have a voting of the best logo.

The reason:

"The official position of the POV-Team for this competition is as follows:

The POV-Team reserves the right to reject any 'winning' entry they feel does
not meet with their expectations. A second or third place entry is just as
likely as a first place entry to be chosen by the POV-Team as their official
logo, or none at all. This is at the sole discretion of the POV-Team and
will be decided internally by them."

So with only a few logos a voting will not have any effect at all.
Therefore I think we should just skip the voting, and let the POV-Team
choose any (or none) of the submitted logos.

What do you think?

Greetings,

Rune
--
Visit *the* links collection (maintained by Ken Tyler) at:
http://www.povray.org/links/ (last update: 3 months ago)

Post a reply to this message