POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Skip the Logo Contest Voting? : Re: Skip the Logo Contest Voting? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:55:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skip the Logo Contest Voting?
From: Rune
Date: 12 Oct 2000 16:24:32
Message: <39e61e00@news.povray.org>
"Warp" wrote:
> Rune wrote:
> : So far 2 logos have been submitted, and there's no signs of
> : any logos being submitted later.
>
>   The reason for this might be that the first logo competition
> was more or less useless. A lot more people participated in
> that one. What for? Nothing?

No. See below.

>   Perhaps people (subconciosly) think "what's the point in
> participating in another logo competition? I already
> participated in one".

Of course it would be nice with more logos submitted, but I'm not
complaining.

The thing is, that the logos in the old competition indirectly are in the
new contest too.

You see, we already voted about the old logos, and the one that won the
voting was TonyB's "PoV-logo".

So if that logo was submitted in the new contest too, it would bring the
"fruit" of the old competition into the new contest.

When TonyB hasn't submitted his "PoV-logo" to the new contest it's probably
because it seems that his newer "eye-logo" seems to be much more popular, so
the "PoV-logo" *probably* wouldn't win anyway.

And now the conclusion: The "old" logos were not submitted in vain; they
have just been part of a selective process to find the best logo. The reason
we have only 2 submitted logos now is that much of the selective process has
already occurred.

Did that make sense?

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated October 9)