POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Your 10 Best Images: calling Linux and ecletic browser users. Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Your 10 Best Images: calling Linux and ecletic browser users. (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Your 10 Best Images: calling Linux and ecletic browser users.
Date: 7 Oct 2000 09:58:01
Message: <39df2be9@news.povray.org>
I'm slowly getting the web site up.
(Note to Ken: don't put this on any official lists just yet, it is still
a mess, and the terms of the event will change!)

But I have a request for help from those with browsers other than IE and
Netscape and operating systems other than Win98.

Could you please look at these pages and see how they look?

http://10best.raytrace.com/gregtest/tracinstyles.html
http://10best.raytrace.com/gregtest/10best.html

Q:s
    1) Does my use of blockquote make everything an ugly italic font for
some of you?
    2) Can you see the images on tracinstyles.html?

I thought I was pretty proficient at HTML on Geocities and am still
learning. I want the pages to have a margin: I've heard people complain
about blockquotes and then my HTML book says some non-IE/NN browsers
cannot see style sheets.   I also want to test to see if my nomenclature
for IMG SRC is correct.  Yeah, there are some obvious errors, like the
Geocities banner exchange showing up, but I want advice especially on
Q's 1 & 2 above.

Post a reply to this message

> (Note to Ken: don't put this on any official lists just yet, it is still
> a mess, and the terms of the event will change!)
>
> But I have a request for help from those with browsers other than IE and
> Netscape and operating systems other than Win98.
>
> Could you please look at these pages and see how they look?
>
> http://10best.raytrace.com/gregtest/tracinstyles.html
> http://10best.raytrace.com/gregtest/10best.html
>
> Q:s
>     1) Does my use of blockquote make everything an ugly italic font for
> some of you?
>     2) Can you see the images on tracinstyles.html?
>
> I thought I was pretty proficient at HTML on Geocities and am still
> learning. I want the pages to have a margin: I've heard people complain
> about blockquotes and then my HTML book says some non-IE/NN browsers
> cannot see style sheets.   I also want to test to see if my nomenclature
> for IMG SRC is correct.  Yeah, there are some obvious errors, like the
> Geocities banner exchange showing up, but I want advice especially on
> Q's 1 & 2 above.

Nice domain!

I know you didn't ask but I loaded the pages with Netscape 3. They both look
perfect except for the 10best-page gives two Java-script errors (screen is not
defined - or something like that).

Remco

Post a reply to this message

>But I have a request for help from those with browsers other than IE and
>Netscape and operating systems other than Win98.
>
>Could you please look at these pages and see how they look?

Opera 4.2 OK
Lynx OK (to me)
Amaya OK

Q: will the sourcecode of pictures be included?

Ingo

> (Note to Ken: don't put this on any official lists just yet, it is still
> a mess, and the terms of the event will change!)
>
> But I have a request for help from those with browsers other than IE and
> Netscape and operating systems other than Win98.
>
> Could you please look at these pages and see how they look?
>
> http://10best.raytrace.com/gregtest/tracinstyles.html
> http://10best.raytrace.com/gregtest/10best.html
>
> Q:s
>     1) Does my use of blockquote make everything an ugly italic font for
> some of you?
>     2) Can you see the images on tracinstyles.html?

Using Redhat Linux 6.1 and Netscape 4.73, everything is correct.

Remco Poelstra

Post a reply to this message