POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : File Format Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  File Format (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
Subject: File Format
Date: 11 Sep 2000 21:03:16
Message: <39bd80d4$1@news.povray.org>
Can you change the output file format in pov from a *.bmp to a *.jpg or
*.gif with out haveign to use another program to do that ???

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: File Format
Date: 11 Sep 2000 21:12:45
Message: <39BD8263.18216803@pacbell.net>

> Can you change the output file format in pov from a *.bmp to a *.jpg or
> *.gif with out haveign to use another program to do that ???

Currently no, not with the official version anyway. The next
version of POV-Ray will allow you to output to .jpg but it
is not finished yet. Gif output is not supported nor will it
ever likely be supported.

--
Ken Tyler

Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message

> > Can you change the output file format in pov from a *.bmp to a *.jpg or
> > *.gif with out haveign to use another program to do that ???
>
> Currently no, not with the official version anyway. The next
> version of POV-Ray will allow you to output to .jpg but it
> is not finished yet. Gif output is not supported nor will it
> ever likely be supported.
>
> --
> Ken Tyler

When is the next version of Pov-ray going to be out???

Post a reply to this message

> When is the next version of Pov-ray going to be out???

When it is ready.

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message