POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : File Format : Re: File Format Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:26:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: File Format
From: Chris Huff
Date: 11 Sep 2000 21:19:40
Message: <chrishuff-2EE805.20213211092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39BD8263.18216803@pacbell.net>, lin### [at] povrayorg
wrote:

> Currently no, not with the official version anyway. The next
> version of POV-Ray will allow you to output to .jpg but it
> is not finished yet.

It will allow JPEG *input*, but I don't think JPEG output is planned.
Since JPEG is a lossy format, and to get good compression really
requires tweaking, it isn't a good choice for saving files to directly.
Your best bet would be PNG, TGA, or one of the other formats allowed,
check the manual for details on the formats available for your platform.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><