POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : dumb question Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  dumb question (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Matt Giwer
Subject: dumb question
Date: 31 Aug 2000 05:23:00
Message: <39AE241F.F0EC56FD@ij.net>
I have been playing with graphics since Photoshop 2.5SE. I have seen
HSV and other color spaces talks about, conversions and just about
everything. But I have yet to come across other than RGB in any primary
application.

	Can anyone who uses other than RGB tell me where you use it and why?

--
A coward dies a thousand deaths, a hero dies
but one. Those sound like pretty good odds to me.

Post a reply to this message

>         I have been playing with graphics since Photoshop 2.5SE. I have seen
> HSV and other color spaces talks about, conversions and just about
> everything. But I have yet to come across other than RGB in any primary
> application.
>
>         Can anyone who uses other than RGB tell me where you use it and why?

I'm not using HSL/HSB very often, but it's useful, if you  want to change the
hue and keep the brightness of the color or the other way round.
Somehow it's more the way you would deal with colors in real-life.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>