POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : dumb question : Re: dumb question Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dumb question
From: Jamie Davison
Date: 31 Aug 2000 16:55:22
Message: <MPG.1418d52fe4771e0e98979f@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 05:23:43 -0400, Matt Giwer wrote...
> 	I have been playing with graphics since Photoshop 2.5SE. I have seen
> HSV and other color spaces talks about, conversions and just about
> everything. But I have yet to come across other than RGB in any primary
> application.
>
> 	Can anyone who uses other than RGB tell me where you use it and why?

I work primarily in RGB, but if I'm planning on printing anything out,
then I either start off in CMYK, or I convert it into CMYK and then
adjust levels and curves to make it look right when it comes out of the
printer.

<rambling>Which reminds me, I really need to get round to setting up an
action in Photoshop to do appropriate adjustments to scans and images
about to be printed...</rambling>

Bye for now,
     Jamie.