POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "ten best images" question Server Time
9 Aug 2024 08:59:09 EDT (-0400)
  "ten best images" question (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Fabien Mosen
Subject: "ten best images" question
Date: 30 Aug 2000 08:13:35
Message: <39ACF927.14E76A56@skynet.be>
Amongst the various rules and requirements of the project, the
following phrase surprised me :

 "Please do not submit images whose copyrights have been assigned to
  someone else, such as previous IRTC entries."

 By submitting images to the IRTC, I do NOT assing them my copy-rights.
I still fully got the copy-right over my images, and I can
authorize anyone to use them.  IRTC just have the right to publish
my submitted images in some ways that are well defined in their
rules (IRTC Website, CD's,..).

 Or maybe did I misunderstood the phrase ?

Fabien.

Post a reply to this message

I put that phrase there not because of a legal liability but as a matter of
taste and friendliness to the possible purchaser of both an IRTC and a 10
Best CD.

Fabien Mosen wrote:

> Amongst the various rules and requirements of the project, the
> following phrase surprised me :
>
>  "Please do not submit images whose copyrights have been assigned to
>   someone else, such as previous IRTC entries."
>
>  By submitting images to the IRTC, I do NOT assing them my copy-rights.
> I still fully got the copy-right over my images, and I can
> authorize anyone to use them.  IRTC just have the right to publish
> my submitted images in some ways that are well defined in their
> rules (IRTC Website, CD's,..).
>
>  Or maybe did I misunderstood the phrase ?
>
> Fabien.

Post a reply to this message