POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : From contours to 3D modells in POV Ray Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:03:03 EDT (-0400)
  From contours to 3D modells in POV Ray (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Rene
Subject: From contours to 3D modells in POV Ray
Date: 24 Aug 2000 06:18:19
Message: <39A4F66C.B4F4B4C3@hotmail.com>
Hi everyone!

I need some help! I've got a stack of 2D images that represents a series

of cross sections through an object. (This is biological data: sections
through animal tissue) I am trying to reconstruct certain structures
from this stack of images. Up to now I have been using a program called
IGL trace to draw contours around these structures in all of the images
and then exporting this information as a VRML object. Then I have to
convert it to POV format. Unfortunately the objects appear to be quite
"chuncky" in both VRML and POVRAY.

Is there some direct way to create a 3d modell (POVRAY) from a series of

contours?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Rene (rhe### [at] hotmailcom)

Post a reply to this message