POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : From contours to 3D modells in POV Ray : Re: From contours to 3D modells in POV Ray Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:26:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: From contours to 3D modells in POV Ray
From: Libellule
Date: 26 Aug 2000 01:28:04
Message: <39A755A0.BFCDC48D@insectes.net>
> Is there some direct way to create a 3d modell (POVRAY) from a series of
> contours?

If you have access to a Linux box, try Moonlight Atelier's "Skin" You draw
your profiles (I'm not sure if you can load in your images as a background
while you draw, I never tried), and then select them in order (they turn red
as you select them) and it will create a smooth surface through them, with
NURBS. You might have difficulty closing the ends off though...

http://www.moonlight.stpinkert.de/   to download if you don't have it, or if
you have a SuSE 6.4 cd, it's on it.