POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scattering in POV-RAY Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Scattering in POV-RAY (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Ammar Al-Allak
Subject: Scattering in POV-RAY
Date: 15 Aug 2000 07:58:21
Message: <3999305d@news.povray.org>
Hello there...

Can someone give me some help as to how pov ray's scattering works. Is it
based on phuscally accurate formula ? Is it wavedependent etc...

Thanks.

Ammar

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: Scattering in POV-RAY
Date: 15 Aug 2000 10:51:43
Message: <chrishuff-7466BF.09525515082000@news.povray.org>
In article <3999305d@news.povray.org>, "Ammar Al-Allak"
<a.a### [at] ueaacuk> wrote:

> Can someone give me some help as to how pov ray's scattering works. Is it
> based on physically accurate formula?

Depends on what you mean by "physically accurate"...it is based on
computer models of the real world, but these models don't apply to all
situations. It is not a perfect simulation, but it is not entirely
unrealistic. Could you be more specific about what you are looking for?

> Is it wavedependent etc...

It is not wavelength dependant, though there is someone working on a
patch to add this ability.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message