POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray 4.0 ?????? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  povray 4.0 ?????? (Message 11 to 20 of 24)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 4 Messages >>>
From: Halbert
Subject: Re: povray 4.0 ??????
Date: 5 Aug 2000 16:14:22
Message: <398c759e$1@news.povray.org>

> > 4) the FORGET IT FOREVER!!! list.
>  Realtime raytracing, integrated modeller, raccoon object,...

There goes all my work on the new "Raccoon Patch" I've been working on <
delete...delete...delete>

> Fabien.

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 5 Aug 2000 16:42:03
Message: <398c7c1b@news.povray.org>
Alessandro Coppo <a.c### [at] iolit> wrote:
: Q: Why don't you use MegaPOV?
: A: There is no official list of MegaPOV features marked for POV 3.5
: inclusion. What if I start using functionalities which are dropped from the
: official release? Sorry, I prefer to wait.

  As someone already answered, there's no reason for not trying megapov. As
the other one said, what you learn with megapov can't be 100% useless.

: By the way, it would be a great idea if the dev team posted a todo list
: telling us

  I think that the povteam has its reasons for not telling too many details
about the future version. I think (and this is only my personal impression)
that it has something to do with the fact that they are still testing how
the different features of megapov can be seamlessly implemented in povray
(so that they don't cause problems with the existing code and features, that
they are not contradictory with the other features and so on; don't think that
if a feature seems to work fine in megapov, it is high-quality code that
interacts perfectly with the rest of the code as the pov team originally has
intended).
  But you are right that you shouldn't count on every single feature of megapov
being implemented in povray 3.5. But as far as I know, most of them will be.

  I DON'T speak for the pov-team in any way.

>  Realtime raytracing, integrated modeller, raccoon object,...
>
> Fabien.

Post a reply to this message