POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray 4.0 ?????? : Re: povray 4.0 ?????? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray 4.0 ??????
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 6 Aug 2000 02:35:37
Message: <398D05F6.D6CCDA02@skynet.be>
Dick Balaska wrote:

> Oh great swami; as i was listening to Abbey Road today
> i wondered:
> "who played the Hammond Organ on 'I want you/She's so Heavy' on The Beatles' Abbey
Road"

> I turn over the magic 8-ball and see...

According to Lewisohn's book, the organ part was recorded on
april 20 1969, but there's no mention of WHO plays it.  It isn't
Billy Preston, he wasn't there anymore at the time.  So, I guess
it may be either Harrison, McCartney, or George Martin (John
could play hammond, but I dont think he would've played THAT way).

Fabien.