POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity Quality? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:25:44 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity Quality? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Jason Miller
Subject: Radiosity Quality?
Date: 24 Jul 2000 15:49:42
Message: <397c9dd6@news.povray.org>
Hello there.  I am wondering if some of you can give me some tips on how to
improve the quality of the these images rendered with MegaPov.  They seem to
have too little contrast.  Once the radiosity is turned on, they seem to
just wash out.  It also seems the effects of the radiosity are a lot
stronger than they ought to be.  Here are the radiosity settings for the
images:

global_settings{
ini_option "+QR"
radiosity {
      pretrace_start 0.16000
      pretrace_end 0.04000
count 100
nearest_count 5
error_bound 1
recursion_limit 4
low_error_factor 0.50000
gray_threshold 0.00000
minimum_reuse 0.01500
brightness 1.0
adc_bailout 0.02770
max_sample 200
}
}

Here are raytraced version of the images:
http://pinheiro.tcimet.net/povtrace.png
http://pinheiro.tcimet.net/povtrace2.png
http://pinheiro.tcimet.net/povtrace3.png

Here are the radiosity rendered versions:

http://pinheiro.tcimet.net/povradio.png
http://pinheiro.tcimet.net/povradio2.png
http://pinheiro.tcimet.net/povradio3.png

Thanks!