POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : setting up inis Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  setting up inis (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: D  H  Miller
Subject: setting up inis
Date: 21 Jul 2000 23:14:30
Message: <39791196@news.povray.org>
I need to run a large number of POV files but each needs its own settings
(using MegaPOV4/Win, in fact). Can I specify the clock start and end, number
of frames, AA (or not), h and w,  etc. directly in the POV script using
global settings, or do I need to create a separate .ini file for each? And
if separate ini/s are needed, how do I call them from the script? I tried
including (#include "2povray.ini") in my script, but I got an error saying
the semi-colon on the first line was illegal, so POV didn;t know it was an
ini file, I assume.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks much,
D.

--
dhm### [at] mediaonenet
http://www.casdn.neu.edu/~dmiller

Post a reply to this message

> I need to run a large number of POV files but each needs its own settings
> (using MegaPOV4/Win, in fact). Can I specify the clock start and end, number
> of frames, AA (or not), h and w,  etc. directly in the POV script using
> global settings, or do I need to create a separate .ini file for each? And
> if separate ini/s are needed, how do I call them from the script? I tried
> including (#include "2povray.ini") in my script, but I got an error saying
> the semi-colon on the first line was illegal, so POV didn;t know it was an
> ini file, I assume.
> Any help would be appreciated!

Using INI files is explained in detail in the manual.  In POV-Ray for
Windows the manual is available in the Help menu.

      Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

I have checked the manual and cannot see where to call the ini file from
within the POVray script. Could you possibly show me what that would look
like? I mentioned in my previous message that #include "2povray.ini" does
not seem to work.
D.

--
Thorsten Froehlich <tho### [at] trfde> wrote in message
> In article <39791196@news.povray.org> , "D. H. Miller"
> <dhm### [at] mediaonenet> wrote:
>
> > I need to run a large number of POV files but each needs its own
settings
> > (using MegaPOV4/Win, in fact). Can I specify the clock start and end,
number
> > of frames, AA (or not), h and w,  etc. directly in the POV script using
> > global settings, or do I need to create a separate .ini file for each?
And
> > if separate ini/s are needed, how do I call them from the script? I
tried
> > including (#include "2povray.ini") in my script, but I got an error
saying
> > the semi-colon on the first line was illegal, so POV didn;t know it was
an
> > ini file, I assume.
> > Any help would be appreciated!
>
> Using INI files is explained in detail in the manual.  In POV-Ray for
> Windows the manual is available in the Help menu.
>

>       Thorsten

Post a reply to this message