POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : setting up inis : Re: setting up inis Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:30:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: setting up inis
From: Ken
Date: 22 Jul 2000 11:18:09
Message: <3979B9B6.BFB82080@pacbell.net>
"D. H. Miller" wrote:

> I have checked the manual and cannot see where to call the ini file from
> within the POVray script. Could you possibly show me what that would look
> like? I mentioned in my previous message that #include "2povray.ini" does
> not seem to work.

You cannot "call" .ini files from within your pov file. If named
properly and placed within the same directory as the .pov file it
is read automatically. The .ini file must use the same name as
the .pov file you are using. If you need to change variables within
the .ini file between frames you will need to figure out a way
to #write them into the .ini file before the next frame is parsed.
I don't know if this is possible but I don't know why it wouldn't
be.