POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Info on Ethane Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Info on Ethane (Message 1 to 10 of 28)
From: Gail Shaw
Subject: Info on Ethane
Date: 17 Jul 2000 09:53:12
Message: <39730fc8@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know, or know where I can find info
on the physical and optical properties of ethane
(C2H6) at -178 degrees C and 1.6 atm? It's a liquid
at that temp and pressure.

I need the colour, transparency, reflectivity and ior.
I looked in the newior.inc file, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks

Gail

Post a reply to this message

> Does anyone know, or know where I can find info
> on the physical and optical properties of ethane
> (C2H6) at -178 degrees C and 1.6 atm? It's a liquid
> at that temp and pressure.
>
> I need the colour, transparency, reflectivity and ior.
> I looked in the newior.inc file, but couldn't find anything.

If you're on school, college, you can ask your Chemistry teacher, he
should have table books, with all that kind of information. The only
think I know by now, is that it will look like water.

Remco Poelstra

Post a reply to this message

or go to your local book store or library and check out the crc handbook
on chemistry.

Remco Poelstra wrote:

> Gail Shaw wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know, or know where I can find info
> > on the physical and optical properties of ethane
> > (C2H6) at -178 degrees C and 1.6 atm? It's a liquid
> > at that temp and pressure.
> >
> > I need the colour, transparency, reflectivity and ior.
> > I looked in the newior.inc file, but couldn't find anything.
>
> If you're on school, college, you can ask your Chemistry teacher, he
> should have table books, with all that kind of information. The only
> think I know by now, is that it will look like water.
>
> Remco Poelstra

Post a reply to this message