POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Info on Ethane : Re: Info on Ethane Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Info on Ethane
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 18 Jul 2000 06:18:10
Message: <39742EE1.4182436A@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Gail Shaw wrote:

> Does anyone know, or know where I can find info
> on the physical and optical properties of ethane
> (C2H6) at -178 degrees C and 1.6 atm? It's a liquid
> at that temp and pressure.
>
> I need the colour, transparency, reflectivity and ior.
> I looked in the newior.inc file, but couldn't find anything.
>
> Thanks
>
> Gail

Hi Gail.

AFAIK the index of refraction is linked to the density of the
matter. You have to find the density of ethane at the point you
specified and then compared it to the densities and iors you know.
It's an approximation but better then nothing.

Check this:

http://webbook.nist.gov/chemistry/fluid/

Marc

--