POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Info on Ethane Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:41:30 EDT (-0400)
  Info on Ethane (Message 21 to 28 of 28)
From: Chris Huff
Subject: Re: Info on Ethane
Date: 20 Jul 2000 16:57:34
Message: <chrishuff-B48AC4.15580820072000@news.povray.org>
In article <7cu9ns0dssbmpu17rrsckvgao7t3olfkgg@4ax.com>, Alan Kong
<ako### [at] povrayNO-SPAMorg> wrote:

> >Still, it is newer than my (incomplete) set of Encyclopedia Britannica,
> >which is from 1959.
>
>   Try to hold on to that Britannica set. It will be quite a novelty
> someday, when people will marvel at an encyclopedia that isn't on some
> sort of magnetic or optical storage medium <s>. It's more interesting to
> see what *isn't* contained within the text, as technology has yielded a
> heckuva lot of changes since 1959.

Try to look up anything to do with "computers", for example...

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

From: Alan Kong
Date: 20 Jul 2000 23:20:22
Message: <i9gfnsggve6frmv0lkvvevhcb6vaarjptm@4ax.com>
On Thu, 20 Jul 2000 15:58:08 -0500 Chris Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote:

>Try to look up anything to do with "computers", for example...

  Does it have any information on ENIAC or other pioneering digital
devices?

From: Ken
Date: 21 Jul 2000 00:12:07
Message: <3977CC2B.6C950622@pacbell.net>
Alan Kong wrote:

>   Does it have any information on ENIAC or other pioneering digital
> devices?

http://www.acronymfinder.com/

ENIAC = Electronic Numerical Integrator And Calculator

:)