POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Care to render? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:20:10 EDT (-0400)
  Care to render? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Rune
Subject: Care to render?
Date: 2 Jul 2000 23:01:46
Message: <3960021a@news.povray.org>
I've been working on an abstract image the last couple of days, and now it's
finished.

The image takes too long to render on my own slow Pentium 150 with 16 MB
RAM. The problem is that I can't do anything else with my computer when it's
rendering, because it has too little memory, and I can't do night renders
either because my computer is located in the same room where I sleep, and it
makes too much noise :-(

I don't know how long the image will take to render. It has more than 100000
objects, which are mainly spheres and cylinders, but no reflective or
transparent surfaces.

The image requires Megapov 0.5.

I consider the image a "maybe final", that is, I consider it a final version
unless the comments I get when I post it make me change my mind.

So is there somebody with a faster computer who will render this image for
me?

Or is there any service on the net where I can have a Megapov 0.5 scene
rendered for free?

Greetings,

Rune
--
Updated June 12: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
3D images, include files, stereograms, tutorials,

Post a reply to this message