POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Geo data for Australia Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:36:22 EDT (-0400)
  Geo data for Australia (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: newsadmin
Subject: Geo data for Australia
Date: 12 May 2000 07:28:15
Message: <391beacf@news.povray.org>
Anyone know where I can get geographic or elevation data in a form that would
enable me to use it to render a relief map of Australia in POV-Ray ?

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: Geo data for Australia
Date: 12 May 2000 08:08:10
Message: <391BF3E6.3AA67DF7@gmx.de>
POV-Ray Newsadmin schrieb:

> Anyone know where I can get geographic or elevation data in a form that would
> enable me to use it to render a relief map of Australia in POV-Ray ?
>
> -- Chris

http://edcdaac.usgs.gov/gtopo30/gtopo30.html

The single Data-Packages are quite Large (3-30 MB)
You will need a Conversion-Program to make them POV-Readable

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>

> Anyone know where I can get geographic or elevation data in a form that would
> enable me to use it to render a relief map of Australia in POV-Ray ?
>
> -- Chris

Hi Chris,

Ken posted this link a few months ago:

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/1658/earth.html

You probably know this stuff but I post it anyway:

http://members.tripod.com/~patrickbass/how2DEM.htm
http://www.monumental.com/rshorne/3dem.html

All the Best,

Marc