POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: Black and white or not? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 22:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  PLC: Black and white or not? (Message 1 to 10 of 24)
From: Rune
Subject: PLC: Black and white or not?
Date: 6 May 2000 13:21:30
Message: <3914549a@news.povray.org>
In the thread "PLC: General qualities of the logo" there is a big discussion
about whether or not the logo *must* be presentable in black and white.

People can't quite agree no matter how much arguing is done, but I guess
that's just natural.

Since we can't reach a conclusion by arguing, I think we could make a
"mini-voting" about the question, and see people's opinions that way. Let's
say, if more than 60% agree, then we have our conclusion. If not, we'll have
to find another way to find out.

I have not been able to summarize the arguments I've seen, so I encourage
everybody to read the thread "PLC: General qualities of the logo" and as
many of the replies as possible before voting here.

Remember: This voting is not about if the logos *should* be presentable in
black and white. It is about if the logos *must* be presentable in black and
white. If we reach a conclusion, that conclusion will be a rule everyone
must follow.

You can vote "yes" or "no", but please don't come with arguments here. Post
your arguments in the thread "PLC: General qualities of the logo" if you
want.

So here's the question we vote about:

Must the logo be presentable and easy recognizable when viewed in just black
and white (with no shades of gray)? (yes or no)

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,

>Must the logo be presentable and easy recognizable when viewed
>in just black and white (with no shades of gray)? (yes or no)

Preferably yes, but also consider this: who would really want to see the
logo like that? Most people would use it in color form.

Post a reply to this message

>Must the logo be presentable and easy recognizable when viewed in just
black
>and white (with no shades of gray)? (yes or no)

yes.
although i would use shades of gray, too.. was that an argument?:)

Post a reply to this message