POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PLC: Black and white or not? : Re: Black and white or not? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 03:39:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black and white or not?
From: Rune
Date: 6 May 2000 16:59:03
Message: <39148797@news.povray.org>
"TonyB" <ben### [at] panamac-comnet> wrote in message
> >Must the logo be presentable and easy recognizable when viewed
> >in just black and white (with no shades of gray)? (yes or no)
>
> Preferably yes, but also consider this: who would really want to see the
> logo like that? Most people would use it in color form.

If, for example, I wanted to put the logo on an image, like a watermark.

If the image didn't have many bright colors it would ruin the image to have
that colorful mark down in the corner. Simply converting the colors to
grayscale might not work. Unless there was a rather "flat" area in the
corner of the image, it would require a logo with high contrast in order to
make the logo visible and recognizable.

It's all about flexibility.

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,